Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kudos to Connie


Connie made this wonderful quilt as a sample for Hennig House. I had regretted my purchase of the Fig Tree brown--I bought only one bolt of FT brown and, although it was lovely, it didn't seem to go with the rest of the Hennig House's Fig Tree collection. But in Connie's hands that lonely brown made this little quilt sing.

Even after all these years of sewing, I'm amazed at how something that doesn't seem to 'go with' the rest of the group will be the one fabric that will turn a so-so quilt into a fabulous quilt. I imagine there's a 'life lesson' in there somewhere.

The pattern is called Crazy Eighths and it's an easy sew, but sure looks good. We should have the pattern (and some kits) at Hennig House by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment