Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Fun Time Had by All . . . Despite the Wind

Boy, did I have fun at the Hennig House Quilt Show on Saturday.  I could hardly believe how many people came!  It was wonderful to see so many folks and such beautiful quilts.  We are lucky to have so many many talented quilters in our area.  THANK YOU to everybody who let us hang your quilts.

Here's a picture of a brand new quilter, Kaylee Jo, and one of her quilts.  Kaylee was in my beginner class and I can't tell you how proud I am that she's already designing her own quilts.  Way to go Kaylee!



I had BUNCHES and BUNCHES of help in getting the show going.  Thank you to Barbara for rounding up so many quilts and helping me get them hung up.  And Gail, you and your cute granddaughter, Molly, were the life of the party--thanks for all the work and good cheer.  Huge thanks to Debbie and Shirley for manning (or womanning) the cutting tables--I know how hard y'all worked.  Thanks to Osie, Paula, Jennifer and Shannon for pitching in and helping things go smoothly.  And thanks to Ashley for coming at the break of dawn to help set up--your flowers are great--more to come on Ashley's business later.  Finally, thanks to the Linus Ladies and to Linda and Yvonne of the Taylor Quilt Guild for showing their beautiful raffle quilt--so sorry about all the wind. 

One more thanks . . . thanks to Monique for taking so many pictures.  I wish I had had a chance to take more, so I'm especially grateful that there were others out there shooting.  If you'd like to see some quilt show quilts, go here  Monique's Photobucket.

And there should be more to come.  I'll post a link to Jennifer's blog real soon.  I think there will even be some video of the show.  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't able to find an e-mail address for you, so apologize for posting here. (Wanted to keep this private)

    I was recently pointed to a Spanish online store that is selling copies of one of my digital quilt patterns without my uthorization. The person who wrote to me about this has purchased patterns in this store and tells me the printed patterns are photocopies. I see some of your patterns listed there, and thought I should warn you, in case you do not have an agreement for the resale of your patterns.

    http://tinyurl.com/8p7hfn6

    I have contacted the owner of this store but have still not heard back from her. If you find yourself in the same situation and need help contacting her in Spanish, please let me know. I'll be happy to help. If that isn't the case (which I truly hope), no harm done. Just thought I should let you know in case you want to check.

    Warm greetings,

    Angie Padilla

    ReplyDelete