Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Table Runner Pattern


Look what I made today!

It's been a rainy day here in Austin so I've pretty much stayed indoors and sewed.  I'd been wanting to try a raw edge applique method my mom sometimes uses and I had a charm pack of Aneela Hoey's Posey fabric I've been wanting to do something with, so here's what I came up with.   

I really like the applique technique.  Just fuse your applique shapes down, thread your machine with a contrasting colored thread, lower the feed dogs and sew 'outline' stitching around the pieces.  --Oh yes, you might also want to put a darning foot on your machine.  An 'open toed' darning foot is even better.  Now that I've got this beginner project under my belt, I'll be doing more applique this way.

If you have a couple of hours to sew and think you'd like to make one of these too, I've got a link to the free pattern on buttonsandbees.com.  Look for the Springtime Runner link on the bottom left side bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment